How to make a backup of your WordPress website Making WordPress backups is a matter of concern to all website owners and bloggers. If you own a blog or website, the news that you hear about hacking sites targeting WordPress from time to time concerns you, and you have to be afraid that your site might be hacked one day, so you must maintain your information and get it back at any time, through the article we will let you know how to back up your WordPress website.
Read more: How to make a WordPress website?
Why you should back up your WordPress site?
In most cases, hosting is responsible for making full backups of your site periodically when something unexpected happens, you make a backup of your WordPress website.
However, make a backup of your WordPress website every website owner should make backups by himself in case of any emergency, and these are some reasons that will encourage you to back up your website manually:
- The website is exposed to be attacked by people who stole login information to the website and destroy all website data
- The site’s hosting problems led to the loss of all site data on its servers.
- The user made modifications to the website that led to a malfunction that completely destroyed the website’s data.
How to make a backup copy of a WordPress website?
- You have to install the Updraft extension: As the first step we do is to install the Updraft extension, which we will use to back up the WordPress site and restore it at any time, Updraft is a free extension available in the plugins section of the WordPress control panel.
- We search for the word Updraft in the section Plugins in the WordPress control panel and then install the plugin and activate it on the make a backup of your WordPress website.
- Make a backup copy of the WordPress site: we should enter the Updraft plugin settings panel, after completing its installation directly, or by clicking on the settings tab in the WordPress control panel and selecting Updraft, we enter the add-on settings in order to make a backup copy of the site.
- Click on the Current status tab, then Backup Now to start creating a new WordPress backup. A list of options will appear for you.
- We select all the checkboxes in order to make backup copies that contain all the components of the website, including pages, articles, databases, etc.
- After that, the plugin will start making a backup copy of your site, we wait until the progress bar completes, so we have made a backup copy of the WordPress site, How to make a backup of your WordPress website and it can be restored at any time by clicking on the Restore button on the same plugin settings page.
Read more: 4 Types of Email Marketing
It is not possible to restore any data that you have not backed up before, so installing the extension after losing data will not help, so we advise you to make a backup immediately after creating the site from the beginning
At the end of the article, How to make a backup of your WordPress website we have presented you easily how to recover lost data on your site on the WordPress platform, as backup is one of the things that need to be taken into considerations on creating any website or blog.